I've been watching "18 Kids and Counting" and "19 Kids and Counting" a lot recently. In the middle of the night when I have been up feeding Autumn, it had been an absolute God-send. However, one thing that really puzzles me, is - How do they do it???Since Autumn's arrival, the house has become more and more disastrous. I am constantly shattered and just about managing to get the kids to and from school, clean the kitchen, tidy the living room and cook the dinner each day. So I honestly have no idea how Michelle Duggar manages to run a home while raising and homeschooling 19 kids!
As I type this, Autumn who is a month today and now weighing in at 5lbs 3oz, is wriggling on my chest and having a bit of a grump! She is having a growth spurt and feeding A LOT! Exhausting, but a huge success for such a small baby who shouldn't even be here yet!!!Somehow, during this time, I have managed to do the living room and feed warren and the kids (five today as it's our boys weekend). Honestly, I have no idea how I have managed to do that much!! My dinner is sitting cold on the table as I can't eat it and type and hold the baby and I really don't feel that great, following my flu jab yesterday. Thankfully, a lovely friend from Church dropped over a lasagne and a baked apple pudding, so preparing dinner was considerably easier today.
While the kids are at school, my day consists of feeding, changing, winding and cuddling Autumn - She needs lots and lots of cuddles. :) I also use that time to do the kitchen, bathroom and living room and have a nap.
When I look at the Duggar family, I feel quite inadequate in my parenting/housekeeping skills, but also quite inspired. Not only are Jim Bob and Michelle raising 19 kids, they are raising them in a strong Christian family, with Christian values. That is something we should all aspire to do. I am very excited about having just downloaded The Duggars: 20 and Counting. I can't wait to see what I can learn from the Duggar family and what tips I can bring into my own home through their experiences.
I will be sure to keep you all updated on my progress, but in the meanime, download their book if you need inspiration and motivation in your family life too.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Duggars-Counting-Raising-Americas-Families--How-ebook/dp/B00BOS3QG2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412365933&sr=8-1&keywords=michelle+duggar
Have a fantastic weekend.
Every blessing,

No comments:
Post a Comment